Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 12 a free day

            After such a long day the day before, my classmates and I decided to sleep in a little bit and skip breakfast. This was double motivated by the fact that not only did we sleep in but we also went to the Pancake Corner. We were so excited to go to this breakfast place in hopes for some “real” pancakes and a small taste of home as we are all starting to miss the States just a little bit; probably mostly just the food. However, as I suspected their pancakes are not actually pancakes, but crepes. Not that crepes are bad, we were just longing for some southern food. After breakfast Sara and I headed to the cat cafe, how exciting! After the cat café we took advantage of our tram passes and ventured out to figure out the tram system just a little before we were to return to the hostel just in time for dinner. This was a dinner worth having I will admit, I actually enjoyed it, which is more than I can say for most evening. After dinner a group of us went out for a night on the town we had been waiting all week for. A local club called Paradiso was having a DJ that a lot of people had heard of before and he was playing for hip-hop night. It turns out it was everything we had hoped for either, but we still had a fantastic time experiencing a Dutch club.