Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day 13 finally an interview!

This morning may have been one of the earliest mornings, but it was also one of the best mornings for me academically. I finally got my first, real, in person interview for my research topic. I met with Mr. Wouter van Ginkel and Mr. Zu Yaacob, both friends of Dr. V. and both owner operators of the bed and breakfast Inn Amsterdam 4 U. Their hospitality is actually so great that for the past four years every time Dr. V. comes to Amsterdam he stays there rather than in the hostel with his students. They gave me so much information I feel very good about my interview with them. After my interview I went back to the hostel, luckily avoiding the rain and took a nap. Which turns out to be the best decision I could have made because a sever storm labeled code red hit the city. The authorities highly suggested everyone to stay inside, the trams stopped running, and there were multiple tress, branches etc. that had fallen down. Once I had awoken the majority of the storm had past and  I felt like I hadn’t got the full Amsterdam experience while visiting here so a small group of us decided we would do something you can only do in Amsterdam, we went to a “peep show.” I won’t go into much detail about the show, but I will say I don’t think any of us were prepared to see what we saw.