Monday, July 27, 2015

Day 15 Our first day in Berlin


After such a long and hectic day the day before, I think the entire group slept extremely well; I know I did, I think I was asleep before my head even hit the pillow. It was unfortunate to find out that a Dutch breakfast is the same thing as a German one; toast, jelly, corn flakes and fruit. I’m not really sure what I was hoping for, but it was hoping for something different than what we had last week. After breakfast the group gathered in the lounge for our last orientation, what a bittersweet moment. By this time we all pretty much gather the jest of what to and not to do while here. After our large group orientation the marketing class stepped side and met with Dr. V to discuss out research topics and the plans we each had for the following week. After orientation Dr. V let us to for a few hours before we had to meet back at 1 P.M. for a company visit. We went to visit Deutsche Bahn which is the railway company in which we have traveled on for the last two weeks. What a coincidence it was to visit the company headquarters the day after all out hellacious troubles on the train.  After the company visit, we were all starving to death and couldn’t even make it out of the metro before finding a place to have “post lunch” as well called it. After we ate we made our way back to the hostel, I couldn’t wait to get some decent wi-fi connection so I could call my mom and tell her all about our railway experiences. Once we got back to the hostel we were all in for the night, still trying to recover from the day before.