Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Up bright an early to visit Reed Business Information, a division of the Relx Group.  Our class had a brief tour of the building after the presentation by Reed's HR Services marketing director and we enjoyed a bird’s eye view of Amsterdam from the top of Millennium Tower. 
Marketing Class at Millennium Tower

View from top of Millennium Tower

























Our group rode the tram back to the hostel where we all went our separate ways.  I jumped back on the tram and headed toward Amsterdam’s amazing public library near Central Station.  

Openbare Bibliotheek Amsterdam
After finishing my business at the library, I decided to walk back from Central Station to my hostel and listen to Rick Steves guide me through an Amsterdam City Tour.  I saw some wonderful sights at my leisure, some of which I viewed on Monday’s guided walking tour but the audio tour had a greater emphasis on how to orient oneself in Amsterdam. 

Central Station

I wandered down Damrak and passed the original Stock Exchange, through Dam Square to Kalverstraat until I arrived at Mint Tower and turned to go to the Flower Market where I discovered a beautifully shuttered building near a cheese shop that I found as I reached Koningsplein.  This is where I enjoyed the traditional raw herring in the Rotterdam style, cut in cubes with onions and pickles. 
Original Stock Exchange - Beurs 


National Monument in Dam Square
Mint Tower
Along the Flower Market
Kaaskelder Henri Willig Cheese Shop
Herring Stand

Delicious!

Nearing the hostel I took a slight detour to see the IAMSTERDAM letters near the Rijksmuseum, which I hope to visit on Friday or Saturday.