Friday, July 31, 2015

(Day 17) Concentration Camp

Today was a good day despite the fact that I was not feeling very great towards the end of it. Today we all woke up pretty early because we went on a trip to visit a concentration camp. If there is one thing that everyone associates with Germany, it definitely has to be the Holocaust and although I'm not very interested in topics like it, I still wanted to go because of the experience. The concentration camp we visited happened to be pretty far from our hostel so we had to purchase an extra metro card to travel to zone C. Once we arrived at the actual camp, you could tell that everyone had similar feeling because everywhere you walked there was a certain type a silence that cover the whole place as people was internalizing everything they saw.  Again although I do not fancy the topic, it definitely was a humbling experience that gave me a true visual of something I read about in grade school. After leaving the concentration camp, I returned to the hostel and took a nap hoping I would feel better afterward and I ended up staying sleep for the rest of the day. When I woke up in the middle of the night I was a little upset that I had lost a day of research, but there is tomorrow.