Saturday, July 23, 2016

Day 10

Today was a very relaxed day overall. We got to sleep in, which was great! I think I woke up around 11:30 or so and got dressed to get out and finish researching. I went around to shops close to the hostel. My topic is pretty easy to find locations because it's fashion and there are stores everywhere. I stopped in 3 stores today and 2 out of the 3 gave me interviews! Now I have 4 interviews for Amsterdam which I am really happy about because i did better here than in Paris. While i was finishing up I decided to grab a slice of pizza because I hadn't eaten all day and I wanted a little something to tie me over. After that I met up with Kempson and we started doing Our neighborhood research. We met up with Ashley and Jasmane shortly after so we could all go around together to finish up. We walked through the flower market today as well and this was pretty cool to see because there are so many flower shops and you can look at the tulips and they're beautiful. We headed around going from neighborhood to neighborhood and stopping in grocery stores till finally we finished and stopped at salsa shop again to grab food. We just all love the food there! I think because it reminds us of home and the flavors are great! We started to head back to the hostel to figure out what we would do for the rest of the day. A lot of us met up at the bar in the hostel to talk and see the specials they had. Some of us decided to go to the red light district just to see what it was like at night time and we hadn't been back since our walking tour. We walked around for a little bit and decided to leave from there because it was so many people out and we were ready to get back close to the hostel. By the time we got back by the hostel many of us were sleepy so we got ready for bed because we're going to Rotterdam in the morning!