Saturday, July 16, 2016

Paris Day 4


Day 4 in Paris was another day to look forward to what this city has to offer. Of course today was Bastille Day, so I was looking forward to all the festivities that occur for Parisians to celebrate their independence day. Some of the things that I thought about were fireworks, singing, dancing, eating, and a parade. As soon as we stepped out, I noticed that it was a little bit chilly. I thought it was going to be warmer, but I was caught off guard by the weather. Even though this was the case I still made sure to prepare as much as I could and experience the day. Today my group visited the Catacombs, the Louvre, and the Opera area. All three were beautiful sites, and each one had its own unique flavor.

 

At the Catacombs, it was quite interesting. I was amazed to see so many bones transported to such a large underground area. The thing that got me was how they actually got the bodies into this deep pit area. I can truly say that it was amazing to see the results of what the French did to transport these bodies into the Catacombs. I remember when we first stepped inside, I was wondering how deep the spiral staircase goes down. It seemed as if it was at least 50ft deep, but it was worthwhile to experience that moment.

 

Secondly, we visited the Louvre. I truly see why they say that the Louvre is the world’s largest museum. From time to time, I kept wondering how much more art does this place have. They probably had at least 30 rooms, and they all sectioned various pieces from the world continents. In addition, I thought about how smart the Louvre builders were to add a mall to the museum. I felt that this addition added an urban flair to the ancient museum.

 

Thirdly, we stopped by the opera area. The stop was brief, but with this short stop we were able to see just how beautiful this area was. It kind of reminded of Times Square. All in all it was a wonderful spot to visit.