Monday, July 11, 2016

July 7. 2016
The Climb and the Ride
               Day 19 o GEC 1 is a very busy and eventful filled day for today we go on not one but three excursions. First up is the Fashion Museum which was filled with beautiful pieces of clothing for the past. Sadly no pictures could be taken but it so you'd be amazed. We saw the corset of Marie Antoinette and she was tiny,  we saw several famous and very places from Givenchy and Louise Vitton, and we saw a dress that was worn by Audrey Hepburn herself. Several beautiful items were seen, some  that were even recognizable through other types of clothes today. But there were also some wacky particle of clothing and the most memorable one was the dress made of hair, which on the stand looked creepy but on the model looked rather cute so it was a rather different dress.


               The next two stops of the day was the Eiffel Tower and a riverboat cruise along the Seine. Now i know I've seen the Eiffel tower before but this experience was different because we were going inside the tower. And no we didn't take the elevator we walked up the stairs, yes walked. Needless to say I didn't make it all the way up but I did manage to get to the first level (that alone was like 300 steps). Benefit is I got to see Paris from an even higher point than yesterday ( which was nothing but a warm up) and I realized that I can conquer my fear of heights...sometimes.  After the Eiffel Tower we took a break from walking and stair went on a riverboat tour. While I have seen most of everything already it was still nice and relaxing. Overall it was a day well spent and I am really excited that I don't have to deal with stairs anymore.