Monday, July 11, 2016

Paris Day 4

This morning we went to the fashion museum, the museum I have been the most excited for. I was looking forward to it so much that I didn't mind having to be ready by 9. It was really fun to see the things that I've learned in my classes in real life. I love history of dress and I loved seeing their collection of garments. They had various time periods and various brands, and the whole thing was very interesting.

We went to the Louvre to take some pictures, but didn't have near enough time to go inside.  We figured since we were meeting the group at the Eiffel Tower at 3:30, we might as well walk there because it looked so close. Yeah, 45 minutes later (walking at a brisk pace) we finally got there. We did see some cool sights and get ice cream along the way though.

Climbing the Eiffel Tower was something I never ever thought I would do. Riding the elevator the year before made me nervous enough, but stairs??? My legs started shaking (out of fear, not fat) and I thought I might actually have a panic attack. I had to look down at my feet so I wouldn't trip, but when I looked at my feet, I was looking down at the ground! How horrid. I somehow made it though and managed to get some good pics. It was worse walking down but I won't go into too much detail about how scared I was.

From here we went on a river cruise that took us all around Paris, and by this time we were absolutely starving. But the fans were coming to the tower to watch the Eurocup game France vs. Germany and we got lost in the crowd. After about a million years later we finally made it to our favorite spot for some escargot, duck, and crembrulee. We realized that the arc was closing soon, so we literally got on the metro and ran there, looking like crazy people, but by the time we got there it had closed. All of the sudden horns are honking and people are hanging out of their car windows screaming, waving French flags, singing, etc. It was so awesome to see. Then people started shooting flares and we kept thinking they were bombs, so we left after a few minutes of confusion of whether to be excited or scared.