Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day 1 Hit The Ground Running

Yesterday we left Nashville and headed to Paris. I was so excited but a little nervous at the same time. I woke up around 5am to leave Memphis and head to Nashville. My brother and my mom dropped me off at the airport we said our goodbyes and I went through security and met up with the other students. It was nice finally meeting everyone and sitting down and seeing how excited we all were. The first flight to Atlanta was very short, probably the shortest flight I've ever been on. Once we arrived in Atlanta and boarded the plan to Paris I began to feel like it was finally all real!! Up until this point everything didn't. 

The flight overall wasn't that bad although I couldn't sleep much because of just not being able to get comfortable. The food wasn't too bad, I watched some movies I hadn't seen yet, and it was peaceful at times. I dosed off for about an hour when we were half way to Paris. When I woke up it was the prettiest view outside. The sun was starting to come up but the sky was still mostly dark I really wish I would've taken a picture! After we got off the plan and came to the university where we are staying a group of us immediately wanted to go into the city and explore! We went to the Latin quarter close to Notre Dame to grab some lunch from a cafe. The food was okay I got a ham and cheese sandwich and French fries. Later after this, Jasmine, Ashley, and I went back to the unversity to get ready for our walking tour. I really enjoyed the walking tour a lot. I didn't so much like all the walking but our tour guide was very knowledgable, enthusiastic, and entertaining. We saw the first clock in France, Notre Dame, the louvre, what's left of the love lock bridge, and many other monuments. Then we went to dinner at a cafe in the Latin quarter and I ordered salmon which was amazing! After we left the cafe some of us went to see the Eiffel Tower at 11 it was a great first time to see it because it was when it sparkled! I really enjoyed my first day in Paris there was so much to see and do can't wait for what's to come!