Friday, July 8, 2016

July 5, 2016
A Walk Around Paris

               Day 17 of GEC 1 start of nice and early and we went on a hunt for some breakfast.  While as usual the first plan and backup plan didn't work out we were still able to get some good out of it. Campus breakfast was closed, then the Fifties dinner was closed but we found this cute crepe shop and got nutella and fresh strawberry crepes for breakfast and they were unbearably great, first thing I ate here that got me completely full and satisfied.  Benefit to Paris they have minute maid, that right juice! no more carbonation for me which my skin truly appreciates. After breakfast we met up with our teacher and other fellow classmates. This metro is actually more difficult than London, I don't know if it's because it is bigger or because we don't know French but getting lost is essential to moving around Paris apparently. Also these trains wait for no one, get on almost to late? Those doors will close on you! I have a bruise on my arm to prove it, so push you way onto that train before the door close and grab onto a something or you will be going but first into someone's face which isn't polite.   He gave us a walking tour of non touristy Paris and treated us to lunch. Now lunch was a strange event for I tried falafel for the first time which wasn't bad and we had desserts in a park. The park was cool and quiet with free wifi,  the desserts were eventful  for the sugar in it was lower than anticipated. Overall lunch was very fun and the group was able to bond even more. After we ate he took us to like a rooftop type walkway garden, you could walk and see all the traffic below you a peaceful and serene setting.  And that was our excursion for the day.

               
      When we got back to campus, which took forever because the whole area we were at was shut down because a strike was about to occur, I took some time to rest and did laundry. Now laundry is truly best done at the crack of dawn or the middle of the night, not the middle of the afternoon. It wasn't  a lot of people , people just left their clothes in the dryer so you have to do them like you do at school and scope them out and put yours in.  After I finished laundry a group of us went into the city to get macaroons and went to see the Eiffel Tower.  The macroons were so cute and yummy along with the banana and nutella crepe I ate (the obsession is real).  But the tower is truly a sight to see, it's beautiful and huge and breath taking it reminded me of my obsession of this city when I was younger.  It should the Paris that I was imagining in my head the one in movies. Needless to say many pictures were taken and it was a great ending to a day.  I'm still homesick but its been pushed down, and now I can't wait for tomorrow.