Monday, July 11, 2016

The Continuous 1st Day


Day 1 of the Grand European Capital 2 trip was quite an extensive travel experience. We traveled for approximately 8 hours from Atlanta straight to Paris. Even though the 8 hours was long, I was up for the long period of time because I knew that I was going to be in Paris for the first time in my life. I looked forward to things such as the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and French food. With this in mind, I was very comfortable with flight, and I liked the amenities which Delta utilized. For instance, the food was the best part of the plane trip because I was able to eat actual meals instead of only small snacks for regular domestic flights. My most favorite meal was the dinner portion because it literally had multiple courses on one tray to where I was satisfied with my flight dining experience. Furthermore, I had the opportunity to watch movies such as Creed and Concussion. This was also my first time watching these movies, but it caught my attention and it kept me busy throughout the flight.

Moreover, I had the opportunity to keep the journey going, and experience the sites of Paris. I admit that I was tired after coming off the flight and going through customs, but I knew I had to “seize the day”. I always heard that Paris had a lot to offer and I could not rest on the opportunity to experience it first-hand on the first day. In addition, the walking tour made quite a difference for my sightseeing efforts. I was able to learn more about Paris history, the importance of monuments, and common cultures throughout Paris. By this time, I felt like I had a decent idea of what Paris is like. I was able to understand the workings of the districts and the transportation systems. With all that being said, I enjoyed my first day of experience in Paris, and I look forward to days ahead.