Sunday, July 24, 2016

Day 13: Pride in Amsterdam!!

Today is the first day of Pride in Amsterdam! Now, although I'm not too familiar, Pride is like a festival for people of all backgrounds, especially in the LGBT community, to come together and celebrate life, and having the freedom to live your life the way you want!! I couldn't wait to witness this amazing festival! But first, I had to sit down and get some work done. Yes, I was getting to do some amazing things and visit cities I never thought I would see in real life, but I was here for school, so work comes before play!!
I finished my work and packed up all my stuff, but by the time I did all of that and got everything done, it was already 4PM!! Although it was late in the day, I felt accomplished that I had gotten everything done and was ready for travel day. This meant that I could enjoy the rest of my day stress and worry free, and enjoy Pride all night!!
The Pride festivities began at 7PM with a parade through Vondal Park to Dam Square and it was absolutely amazing!!! There were so many people, gay, straight, families that were just out to celebrate people in general, having the freedom to live life as they please, and loving one another. In my opinion, that's the best way to live, even if you don't agree with the lifestyle, loving one another will always prevail over hate.


All in all, Amsterdam exceeded my expectations and I cannot wait to come back!! I'll truly miss this wonderful city! Until next time!!!!