Sunday, July 3, 2016

Day 14 London 7/2/16


I woke up to girls yelling and slamming doors in our hallway. I was not feeling good and had enough so I went out there to yell at them. Didn't hear a peep after that :) The plan today was to go to Buckingham Palace to see the Changing of the Guards. I knew I had to go, so I took a shower and headed out with Macy and Courtney. We didn't leave early so I was thinking we wouldn't be able to see anything. Today I was feeling bold (shoutout to my Dad for that trait), so I pushed through the crowd to the second row behind the gate. It was so cool hearing the band and watching the guards change from black coats to red coats. It is an experience I will never forget!! I got some great pictures with the palace in the background. When we were walking to the underground, there was a Brexit protest on the other side of the street. Then I went back to eat a really bad lunch at the cafeteria. Macy and I got a taxi to the Post Office to ship boxes back. The guys at the post office said people have been shipping stuff like crazy since Brexit. I didn't go to the service at Westminster Abbey because I was feeling so achy and stuffy. I took a nap and then packed a little. I ended the night early after some food from the Metropolitan.