Friday, July 1, 2016

Day 8: Too Tired to Enjoy Moments

Today we arrived in London and it is just like I envisioned it...a New York City feel with a twist is class. The school in which we are lodging is located in the heart of the city. The university itself is located within a park, which is something I've never heard of before. It's an older building so the floors are uneven, no elevators, and no air conditioning but, it's London, so who's complaining?

We put our bags in our rooms and was immediately given a tour of the campus as well as educated on the rules and policies of the facilities. We then had dinner and headed out into the city in search of supplies that were needed. Unfortunately, everything was closed, I'm guessing because it was Sunday. Upset and discouraged we turned to walk back to campus. It's hard to believe that there's absolutely nothing open in the city around 8pm on this side.

By the time we accessed our rooms all I wanted to do was go to sleep. I was happy to be here but too tired to even attempt to do any more venturing out. Its fun and exciting to be overseas but this isnt a vacation. I stay tired and I stay constantly moving, working, and researching in order to stay up on my assignments. Knowing it will all payoff in the end, I keep going and pushing myself to endure the next day. I purchased some shoe inserts before I left Nashville but my feet still hurt. According to my Fitbit Im walking an average of 8 miles a day, which is more than I do at home. Constantly being on your feet, you quickly learn to take advantage of sitting when you can. The pace of the city forces you to walk faster to prevent being ran over, which in turn causes you to almost speed walk everywhere you go. My feet and calves are in shock!

This is much better!!!