Monday, July 4, 2016

Day 13: A Long Day



This morning was spent doing homework because time got away with me yesterday and I was too tired to complete it. I had an interview at 10 around the corner from the Bank of England so I showered, dressed, and headed out the door. I was running so late that I skipped breakfast and decided to eat some Oreos and drink some water. I figured that would be convenient and hold me until after I finished. 

I arrived just in time to meet the manager, Kinga. I decide to interview another Maplin store to see if there were any differences in what the managers would tell me...and there wasn't. You could tell that each spoke from their own experiences and not just what the company had branded into their minds. It was clear that she enjoyed her job and took pride in how she ran her store. She spoke of a promising future and an educating present time. When asked about the affects/effects of the Brexit she confidently stated, "Right now we don't know what tomorrow will bring, but we will do our best to take each day as it comes."

Afterwards we head to the Tower of London to meet up with the rest of the group. Here we walked around touring the many exhibits but the most exciting was the Crown Jewels. At first we didn't want to view them due to the length of the line of waiting people that wrapped around the courtyard. After some convincing from a student that has actually see them, we got in line and behold...right behind us was Michael Strahan who now works for Good Morning America. Unfortunately, he wasn't allowing any pictures because he was with his children. He didn't stay long because some dude tried to secretly take a picture. Anyway, the exhibit was worth the wait. 

Afterwards a few of us traveled across town to experience the Eye of London. We all enjoyed this attraction and was able to take pictures of the city from a higher point. The only negative thing about this attraction is the speed at which it goes, which is extremely slow. It can take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes to completely go around and after reaching the top the excitement is pretty much over and you're ready to get off. It was still a great experience though.