Sunday, July 3, 2016

London Day 7

Today was a great day. We started off by going to see the Changing of the Guards. At first we were bummed because we couldn't really see anything, but luckily we found the group. Evan and I made a deal so he put me on his shoulders if I promised to record everything while I was up there. I feel like I had the best view in the house. It was amazing. We hung around for a little while to take pictures and chatted a little bit with a local who said he only came because family was in town visiting and they wanted to see, he had seen it a ton of times when he was a kid.

Sierra and I set off to find the FedEx so that we could ship some things back home. It was really fun because we caught a light blue cab and it only was 4 pounds to get there. The actual shipping was pretty expensive though. Since lunch in the cafeteria had been absolutely horrid that day, I stopped and got some noodles.

A bunch of us decided to go to Westminster Abbey for the service that night and it was absolutely breathtaking. The church was beautiful, and hearing the choir sing sounded like angels. 10/10 would highly recommend. It started pouring down rain after so we all got a little wet, and nobody could decide where they wanted to eat. Of course Court and I decided to go to the Metropolitan because where else would you find us? That's our favorite. Eventually several others from the group came and we all had a great time.