Sunday, July 3, 2016

Travel to Paris day 1

I woke up this morning so excited to go to Paris! Since I studied here last year it feels very homey and familiar. But before leaving London I really wanted to feed the ducks. I bought some white bread at breakfast, and was so pumped about it. All of the ducks were swimming around and were so dang excited about the bread that a few of them started fighting. I felt really bad for causing a war so I tried to throw more pieces at once so that they would share. Most didn't share but it was really entertaining and it made me feel like I was a kid again and that always rocks. Then we went to Oxford street for some last minute shopping, and I had noodles for lunch again. (Can you tell I love noodles?) We basically had to run back to campus to meet the group to leave for the train station and when we finally got there and started to walk to the train my foot started cramping, and it has been cramping ever since. I definitely wasn't going to complain about it though because who wants to be that girl? Everybody hates that girl. We finally got to the station and I was so excited to get to Paris I can't really remember what happened.

When we finally got off the train in Paris I felt like I was home. I saw the metro signs and knew where I needed to go, I immediately remembered the french writing that was on the signs directing you. I remembered the smell (kind of gross) and everything felt right. I felt like I was back on MY metro and it felt great. I love knowing my surroundings and where I'm going. I can't wait to spend the next two weeks here. For dinner we walked to my favorite bakery and of course I got an eclair and a baguette. My favorite. So fabulous. Cheers to Paris.