Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Belgian Waffles > Life, June 11, 2013


      Going to the parliament was definitely a neat experience. The walk there was a bit long, but it was worth it to visit the parliament and hear the speaker talk about which countries were in the European Union and certain requirements some countries must have to be in the EU. For example, the Vatican cannot join the EU because it is not a democracy. I thought that was the coolest thing he mentioned, to be honest. In general it was an awesome experience to be able to go to the Parliament in Brussels. I’m sure there aren’t too terribly many people from the states who can say they’ve been there.
Once we were done listening to the lecture, we got to go out and roam the city as we wished. I tagged along with the group and headed toward the main market at the center of town. The market was filled with shops and places to eat, and I really can’t wait to go back. I heard it even has a small light show at night. But while we were there, we looked around at the shops and I made mental notes of the places where I wanted to go shopping. Hunger eventually got the best of us and we ended up eating a Belgian waffle. It was my first Belgian waffle, and it was awesome! It was a typical tourist’s waffle, but it was delicious regardless. I got one covered in whipped cream and chocolate. The plastic fork they gave us was crap so my hands got messy but it was totally worth it.
Belgian waffles far surpass any other thing on the planet. Seriously.

As you can tell, research shows that Belgian Waffles are far more superior than free food. Which is definitely saying something.
Next on my list is Belgian chocolate.
Today was a good day and it has improved my overall attitude about Brussels by a tiny little bit. I’m positive it can only get better from here. I can’t wait to have more excursions soon.