Saturday, June 8, 2013

Last day in Paris, June 8, 2013

It's a lot of pressure knowing that you have one more day to do all you want to do before you have to leave. It's impossible to do everything you want to do, so taking into consideration how much I have seen and experienced in one week, I would say I am pretty satisfied. I spent my last day at Versailles and the Latin Quarter. Versailles was so extravagant and impossible to see in one day. It was interesting to see how lushly the royal families used to live. So interesting that half of our group got separated from the other half for about an hour or so. Versailles is so huge that we kind of panicked and regretted not having some sort of plan B if we got separated. After a while of searching and waiting, we decided to go to Starbucks outside the RER station in hopes that we'd run into them. It was an exhausting walk back, but we finally made it. As soon as we walked in, we saw our group waiting for us inside. That would be the last time we would try and rely on fate. Next time, we are going to have a plan and a back-up plan just in case. Afterwards we ate dinner in the Latin Quarter and went home to pack up for our trip to Brussels.

Paris has been fun and exhausting, but I think I'm ready for Brussels. I've enjoyed my stay at Paris and I think I'll remember it forever. I can't wait for what the rest of our trip has in store for us!