Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 19: ROTTERDAM

Today we got to do one of the most fun things so far on this trip. We got to go on a bike tour of Rotterdam. It took about an hour to get there, and once we got there, we went straight to the bike rental shop. I hadn't been on a bike in at least two years, so it took me a while to get the hang of it. Riding a bike in Rotterdam seems to be a lot different than Amsterdam; everything's moving a lot slower. First we went on a oat tour which was about an hour long. It was of the biggest port in Europe and one of the oldest. After the boat tour, we went to the top of some building where we got a panoramic view of Rotterdam, we were almost as high as the empire state building. We then went and took a tour of the Lake in Rotterdam. On our way there, me and Tonya got left behind by Dr. V and we had to find our way back. I was so frustrated by the time we caught up to them that I had to get some ice cream to calm down. Even though I was exhausted and sore by the time the day was over, riding a bike in Rotterdam was one of the best things we had done so far.