Sunday, June 16, 2013

Second shopping tour, June 13, 2013


Touring the middle of Brussels was a blast, and I definitely enjoyed it. I love all the different shops and music surrounding the area. These shops were quite a bit different than the ‘elite’ shops we toured yesterday. These shops were more affordable, and there was a mix of different things such as Vans, souvenir shops and all sorts of things. Our tour guide was a bit shy but he was very friendly and willing to answer any questions, which is what is most important.
Afterwards, we were hoping to grab a waffle, but the shops were shut down due to siesta. I’ve been in Europe for about 2 weeks, and I am still not used to shops just closing down mid-day like that. It was a bit of a walk to the hostel, and it was raining which wasn’t fun. But we took the metro home, which made it easier. I am still scarred from seeing my own professor get pickpocketed so I was very watchful of my things. Almost in a paranoid sense. Maybe pickpocketing will not be so bad when we get to Amsterdam.
I can’t believe tomorrow is my last day in Brussels. Tomorrow should be a big day for me, and I am hoping that I will make the absolute best of it. These two weeks have flown by, but I have enjoyed them. I want to make sure my last day is memorable, to make up for my first two days in Brussels. I was really uncomfortable and unimpressed with Brussels from the start. Luckily, though, my opinion changed because I remained positive and open-minded. I’m glad that I gave Brussels a chance, because if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t have ended up having fun. I get my museum pass tomorrow, so that should be interesting. Tomorrow will be a good last day- I’m sure of it.