Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Counterfeit Museum and Everything Else, June 5, 2013

The marketing and accounting class got to go on a trip to the counterfeit museum since it was closely related to our coursework. It was interesting to see how many products have been counterfeited- some of the products were believable, but others were absolutely ridiculous. For example, there was a counterfeit Teletubby. I'm not joking.

You thought I was joking.

Seriously, someone put this thing out of its misery. Whoever bought this thing deserves the same punishment the counterfeit criminal got.

Aside from learning about counterfeiting and ruining little children's lives, the day turned out to be really fun. My main group actually got to hang out in a little restaurant right down the road from the Arc de Triumph. We were outside a ton of botiques and shops, and it felt like we were in the scene of a movie. To make matters even more unbelievable, we spotted Naomi Campbell. A supermodel. Alex got a picture with her and got to talk to her. That was seriously something that I will never forget. We were all very excited for her because it was as if we met Naomi by proxy or something.

I personally was hoping that being a millionaire was a disease and that maybe I would catch it through Alex. So far, no dice.

After we were done at the restaurant, we headed toward the Eiffel Tower and watched the light show. It was a beautiful sight, and I really hate to be the person that says, "It looked bigger than I expected!" But..

It looked bigger than I expected.

Paris has been a blast up to this point, and I only expect it to get better from here on out. I can't wait to go to the museums, and hopefully eventually forget about the conterfeit demon Teletubby.