Monday, June 10, 2013

Museum day and PSG Tour: Day 7: Friday June 7, 2013


It’s the start of the weekend; everybody is expected to visit any museum of their choice. After breakfast, we had meeting at 10am for everyone to have their Paris pass for the museum. I am interested in seeing Musee de Louvre and any other for the day. Luckily for me others too were interested and we all decided to visit Musee de Louvre and Musee d’Orsay for the day.
The most popular painting at the Louvre is the original half-length portrait of Mona Lisa by the Italian artist Leonardo da Vinci, which has been acclaimed as "the best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about, and the most parodied work of art in the world." I wasn’t surprised to see so many crowds where the portrait was hung and I have to maneuver myself in between the people to get a good snap shot of the portrait.
However, there were so many paintings that I felt were even better than the Mona Lisa portrait. I visited the section with the history of the Louvre and saw plenty sculptors about the ancient Egyptian history. The Louvre has so many collections from Egyptian antiques, Greek antiques and paintings to mention a few. I try to explore the museum as much as I can with the group. After more than an hour, we decided to go have lunch and returned back to the Egyptian antiques to find the Egyptian mummy. Immediately after that, we left to meet other member of the group at the designated meeting point.
Also, Musee d’Orsay had so many wonderful masterpiece works of art from paintings to sculptors. Though, it is not as big as the Louvre, I still enjoyed and appreciated this beautiful art works. We spent about an hour at Musee d’Orsay; thereafter Kay and I proceeded with our trip to the Parc Des Princes arena, Paris Saint German (PSG) stadium tour. The tour started at 5pm from the exhibition room where all the club trophies is displayed and ended at the PSG store. On our way back to the hostel, I visited another wine store named Cave a Vins for my research work.