Monday, June 24, 2013

Day of Exploration - June 18

We did not have an excursion today so I was able to do some exploring of the city on my own, which is one of the favorite things I like to do alone.  I needed to work on research and interviews so I started walking around with my trusty map handy if need be.  Amsterdam is centered around canals so it was pretty neat to see Amsterdam more and get a feel of it.  People are so friendly here and one huge advantage here compared to my experiences in Paris and Brussels is that practically everyone speaks English.  

The weather in Amsterdam is typically rather cool since geographically it is far north of the equator than I estimated.  Today was one of the hottest days of the year so I made a mistake to wear pants while walking around with no sunglasses (two pair broke on the trip).  Overall it was a peaceful day as I was able to secure three interviews, got some alone time, and learned new routes of the city in the process.