Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 8:1st day in Brussels and Pick pocketing

We left for Brussels today, and I'm surprised we made it in one piece! We left the hostel around 10am and we headed for the train station. We got there and headed towards the train only to find out that we had missed our train because we were going by the arrival time and not the departure time. The train ride itself was comfortable though; I don't think it went 200 miles per hour, but it was relaxing nonetheless. When we got off the train, two men threw Dr. Lukosius's passports out the door, and he realized his wallet was missing. He stopped the train and grabbed the guy onto the platform. The conductor threatened to call the police and the guy eventually gave it back. I'm glad it didn't happen to me because the train would've left by the time I would've even realized that my wallet was gone. Dr. V handled himself like a true bad ass! After we arrived at hostel #2, we realized that this one was an upgrade from the pone we had been at. It had a bar, bigger showers, and bigger rooms. Dinner would be served at 7pm, and a lot of people were not happy. It started off with some sort of soup, I liked it, but a lot of people didn't. Beef was served for dinner, and since it is one of my favorite meals, I had no complaints; other people were kinda unhappy though. Most of the people spent the rest of the night at the bar, I went to bed early because my allergies started bothering me.