Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Last Lap: Amsterdam Baby!! June 15 (Day 15)

For a change we didn’t have to leave Brussels in a hurry, which gave me some time to say goodbye to Brussels, I did that by visiting the Brussels city museum, here I saw some ancient painting and sculpture that dated back 11th century, but the most interesting exhibits they had there were the 700 costumes of the Manneken Pis, the “Peeing boy”.
They were Hilarious and where from every continent. I made an observation that there was no German costume thou. After the museum visit, I did a last minute chocolate shopping. Left the hostel around 1 pm to take the Thalys train to Amsterdam, Amsterdam was the most anticipated destination of the 3 great European city according to opinion polls conducted by me and expectations for the city was high. We got there and it was colder than I expected, I guess it had not gotten the memo that we were in summer, the hostel was the best hostel we had stayed in and looked like a fancy youth hotel, with young people bouncing up and down like it was a fancy school dormitory. We settled in to our massive rooms with its own bathrooms and shower and came down for dinner, it was the best dinner I had since the study abroad began and to crown it up it was a buffet, I ate as much as i could and took a stroll through the city and you had to dodge traffic from Trams, bicycles, motorcycles, horses (lol), boats, people and cars. It was a mad town but very beautiful, I came back tired and had to call it a day.