Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Homeward bound, June 22, 2013


      Packed and ready to go, I headed downstairs to the lobby, dreaming of everything I want to do when I get home. I already have it planned out: shower, sleep, fruit salad. Yes, I had my dad make fruit salad for when I get home.
This whole trip has been amazing and I can’t believe I have been able to experience travelling to three different European cities. I’ve had so much fun and I’ve learned valuable things along the way. The reality of my trip far exceeded my expectations. The museums were incredible, the cultural immersion was stimulating, and the memories were unforgettable. I would advise international travel to anyone and everyone. I think it’s something that everyone should do given they are provided the opportunity.
I’ve had so many experiences on this trip, but I have to say my favorite thing was going to the Louvre in Paris. The Louvre is an incredible museum, and there are so many priceless works of art throughout the building. I wish I could have stayed longer, but the time I spent in the Louvre was great. Seeing timeless artwork in person is so mind-blowing. My other favorite experiences were going to the Eiffel Tower, walking through the various parks in each city, and biking through Rotterdam. I even enjoyed the metro system in Paris, even though it was frustrating at first.
I hope I get another chance to travel. Not too soon, though, I miss home enough to where I want to stay settled in for a while before I travel again. This experience has been eye-opening and life changing. Travelling with TnCIS has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my whole life.