Monday, June 17, 2013

DAY 12: GREETER AND WALKING TOUR

Today we had another speaker come and talk to us about marketing. This time, it was Dr. V's friend Tomas who worked for a data collecting company. Basically, his company works on collecting and sorting all of the data that businesses collect. So if it something they have no data for, they find different methods to collect the data. I never knew there were so many different types of ways to collect data, nor did I know that it could be so complicated. We also had a lesson about credit and owning a credit card. It is a lot more difficult than I would have imagined. Tomas explained that your credit score is determined by some convoluted formula and it sticks with you for seven years, at least. One of the worst things you can do is for one, max out your credit cards, and for two open a bunch of credit cards and use them with a balance remaining. I personally don't have a card, but I think I will eventually get one in case of emergencies. Today we also met our greeter for the first time. He was a local named Paul who had been in Brussels for most of his life,. He was not a trained greeter nor an employee, what I saw was a reserved laid back man who enjoyed his city and what it had to offer visitors. During our tour, we toured the shopping mall, and saw of the more couture sides; with the Versace, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, etc.What he showed us was nice, and it was one of the more touristy sides of the city we had seen. We plan to meet back up with him tomorrow, I wonder what else he was to show us.