Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 1: FIRST DAY

When i got to the airport i didn't know what to expect. Nobody really knew each other. I think everyone was more nervous than anything. We got on the plane and arrived in Atlanta where we had, what felt like, the longest layover in history. At the airport, I couldn't help but have a flood of emotions. On the one hand I felt extremely blessed and grateful to be able to go on this trip, but I couldn't help but feel a little homesick at the same time. I knew that going on this trip was only going to change my life for the better. When we finally got on the plane to Paris, I became overwhelmed on the plane. I attempted to fall asleep but I woke up several time, due to being uncomfortable. After what felt like days, but it was really just 9 hours, we finally arrived in the City of Lights. Going through customs was not as bad as I thought it would be; all the guy did was ask us where we were going. It felt like we had to go on an excursion within itself just to find the hostel. I can't count how many stairs we took. It ended up being one of the hardest walks I think I've ever taken. When we were finally settled into the hostel, the girls and I decided to explore the neighborhood around us and find something to eat. After we found something to eat, we sat at the cafe and talked for a while. They made me feel a lot more at ease about being here. I am excited to see what the rest of this trip has to offer.