Sunday, June 9, 2013

DAY 3: LOST MY WALLET!!!!!!

Today was a pretty great day, aside from the fact I lost my wallet. But I'll get to that later. My class finally got to do the walking tour of Paris that everyone else had gotten to do already. Again, we were sent off by ourselves, but this time it was just the girls; needless to say, we found our way around. Our tour guider's name was Fillipa and she was from Bulgaria, but spoke very good English. I thoroughly enjoyed our tour. It seemed like we walked for hours, but actually it was 2 and a half. We saw the Saint-Michel fountain, Notre Dame, the love bridge, and plenty of other sights I have pictures of. It was probably the best tour of a city I've ever had. We had to leave the tour early because we had to meet the other classes at the US Embassy, which we had difficulty finding, but yet again as fate would have it, we stumbled upon the rest of the group with ten minutes to spare. The US Embassy was interesting for what it was, but I didn't quite see how it related to my class, it seemed like it was geared more towards criminal justice or sociology majors. After the embassy, some of the roommates left and went back to the Latin quarter to do a little more shopping. It was here I discovered my wallet was missing. I normally NEVER lose things, but I think someone took it from me, because I leave take my wallet out unless I'm paying for something. Kelli went with me to find it, but it was no use, it was no where to be found. After canceling my debit card and calling my mother to wire me some money, we went to the Eiffel Tower for the first time. It was more beautiful than I imagined and we even rode a carousel afterwards. So aside from losing my wallet, today was pretty interesting.