Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Research Day: Day 18: Tuesday June 18, 2013

Today is totally dedicated to our research work and some write up plus other personal things. I had to rest for a bit before heading out to the wine store I already located during my first walk round the city of Amsterdam. My plan for the day was to visit Gall and Gall store nearby and hopefully found some other wine or liquor stores along the way. I was accompanied by my partner in crime “Kay” whose responsibility for the day is to go to sport retail stores for his research. Luckily for me, as we are walking by I spotted a wine store called Wine Supply. I decided to give it a shot and entering the store the guy was a very nice guy. He attended to us and even took time to explain their store strategy. It was interesting that they allow customer have a taste of their wine before buying. From there, we proceeded to the Gall and Gall store. Though, the store manager answered most of my questions but failed to allow me take some pictures of their products. I was glad that it’s quite easier to conduct interview in Amsterdam compared to Paris and Brussels where language is a serious barrier. After two interviews, we walked round the city for a while then return to the hostel to take a nap. After some hours, we return back to the city for Kay’s sport retail stores interview in the evening. It was a good day as everything went according to our plan.