Monday, June 17, 2013

Final Destintaion "Amsterdam" : Day 15: Saturday June 15, 2013


It was a day for another Thalys train ride for about an hour thirty minutes to Amsterdam. My expectation is very high for the city of Amsterdam. I woke up early to quickly complete the packing of my luggage. After we checked out of our room, I quick took off for the last visit to the Grand place to see “Manneken Pis” costume at the Brussels city museum. The costume was hilarious and I spent most of my time in that museum at the room with this collections. Knowing that we are leaving for the train station at noon, I quickly returned back to the hostel on time.
The fast train ride was so smooth and we arrived at Amsterdam central station at about 3.30pm. The atmosphere in Amsterdam was quite wonderful with a windy and cold day. I guess the Amsterdam canals contribute to the coldness of the city. I was expecting some rain but not a very cold weather during the summer. We took the tram to the hostel and everywhere on the road are full of bicycles. Now, we had to watch out for three different things (the tram, cars and bicycles) before crossing the road. After getting our room, I went out with some of my friends to have a quick overview of the city. There is a nice park called Vondel Park right next to our hostel and during our 15minutes walk we discovered another fantastic park right in front of the Van Gogh museum. Returned back to the hostel for dinner and it was the best dinner we ever had during the entire trip.