Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Shopping tour and another waffle!, June 12, 2013


      It’s good to have a slow day every once in a while when you’re travelling. Today was one of those days. My class got to listen to a lecture about marketing research and a bonus lecture on how to obtain good credit. The lectures were very informative, and I will definitely use the information I learned about credit sometime in the future. Luckily for us, we got lunch at the hostel, and even luckier for me, I got another Tropico drink. Seriously, this stuff is awesome. Best drink ever. At around 2 we had to meet our greeter in town who was going to show us around some good shopping areas. This mainly was because it was related to marketing, but I’ll admit that we enjoyed it because it was an opportunity to shop. Nevertheless, it was nice to walk around town with a local who could answer any of the questions we had about Brussels or the culture. My favorite part of the tour was going into an Abercrombie and Fitch. Don’t get me wrong, I really don’t care too much about Abercrombie, but wow this store we went into was extravagant. There was red carpet and chandeliers as well as paintings of shirtless guys on the walls. It was a very disorienting experience and I’m sure there’s a reason behind that.
Mid-way through our tour, we stopped and got a Belgian Waffle. I could hardly contain myself but I think I did pretty well considering I didn’t start jumping around like a child. The waffle was of course delicious, and we moved on to a restaurant/bar where we talked about Brussels and basically just enjoyed each other’s company.
Tomorrow we have plans to meet with the same guy to do a tour of the old town shopping area, which I am looking forward to. Shopping is always something to look forward to.