Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Last full day in Amsterdam, June 21, 2013



The beginning of my day started off with an exam. It was a stressful start to my day, but after I finished my test, I was relieved and ready for the rest of my day. I was especially ready because it was my last full day in Amsterdam.
Everyone was scheduled to take a canal tour of Amsterdam at night, and we were all looking forward to it. On the tour, we saw plenty of significant parts of Amsterdam, and heard facts about the city as well. My favorite part of the canal tour was passing by all the little houseboats. These houseboats were incredibly tiny, but also charming. I myself could never live in a boat. I thought this was something that was unique about Amsterdam and added extra character to the city.
The canal tour was also a great way to bond one last time with the whole group. Everyone was laughing and having a good time. It’s a great feeling to share so much excitement with so many other people. After we were done with touring, our groups split up and scattered about town. My group ended up going to Crystal, which was a restaurant that served the best pizza ever. Seriously, this pepperoni pizza was amazing. I don’t even care for pepperoni that much.
Tomorrow we leave Europe and head home. I’m excited to go, but I’m sure that I will miss Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam.