Monday, June 3, 2013

Arrival to Paris, June 2, 2013

Turns out, it was really hard for me to sleep on the plane, but I tried to get as much sleep as I possibly could. I knew I would need all the energy I could get, considering the fact that I would be landing in Paris at about 2pm. Paris so far has been fun, and I cannot wait to see more of it. I rode my first tram/subway and it was a rough but fun experience. Packing light truly turned out to be a good choice, and the stairs and subways proved that to me. Watching other students get lost or left behind made me realize how important it is to pay attention to directions and stay close to the group. Once we got to the hostel, we all half-heartedly unpacked due to our exhaustion and took a look around the place that we would be staying for a week. It was small, as expected, but we managed to get comfortable and make it home. Finally arriving in Paris makes me very anxious to see more. So far I have only seen the subway/tram and the surroundings of my hostel. I truly can't wait until I get to tour the whole city!